How to Turn Brownie Mix Cookies into Rudolph Cookies
Turn ordinary chocolate brownie mix cookies into darling Rudolph cookies with pretzels, chocolate chips and red M&Ms. They’re a festive party snack perfect for the holidays!
Sometimes my cookie baking process is all thought out and planned. But, these reindeer cookies were a happy accident!
As I was pulling out a batch of brownie mix cookies from the oven, I suddenly remembered I had some mini pretzels in the pantry. I decided to try making my own version of reindeer cookies using the things I had in my pantry right then. They were so fun and easy to make, I wanted to share with you this way to make easy reindeer cookies, too.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
With just a few strategically placed ingredients, you are going to feel like a Christmas cookie artist! With a little help with adults, these cookies would also be fun for kids to help with, too.
- a batch of brownie mix cookies (Click here for>> the Brownie Mix Cookie recipe>>)
- small pretzels
- chocolate chips
- red M&Ms
Instructions for Rudolph Cookies
- Mix up the brownie mix cookies according to the easy brownie mix cookie recipe.
- Immediately upon taking them out of the oven, gently press on each cookie:
- 2 pretzel ears
- 2 chocolate chip eyes
- 1 red Rudoph nose with a red M&M
- Let the cookies cool on the pan before removing them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Tips & Tricks
- Work quickly to press the candies in the cookies while they are still warm, but press down gently.
- Place the chocolate chips carefully and don’t touch them again as they may start to melt and make a mess if you try to remove and reposition.
- The placement of the eyes is the key to how friendly your reindeer look. I like to put them quite close together with the nose centered underneath.
Many rudolph cookies have darling candy googly eyes, but I just couldn’t find any in our Canadian town. If you have time, though, you can order some from Amazon – or you might be able to find them easily where you live!
Another option I’ve seen is “glueing” on the candies after the cookies have cooled with icing or melted chocolate. I’m sure that works well, too.
How to serve Rudolph Reindeer Cookies
These Christmas reindeer cookies could be served on any type of cookie tray. For something different, you could use a vintage cookie sheet with crumpled parchment paper as a tray. Sprinkle around some Christmas candy for a fun and festive look. You could even use these reindeer cookies as the center of attention on a Christmas cookie charcuterie tray!
No special equipment is needed with these chocolate reindeer cookies – except my normal favorite cookie baking supplies and some googly eye candy if you’d like!
(Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite kitchen tools!)
The pretzel ears make these Rudolph cookies a bit fragile to store. I laid them out very carefully in large plastic containers and placed parchment paper between the layers and froze them since I wanted to use them later.
They can be stored in any airtight container or ziploc bag and be kept at room temperature for 3 days.
Need more help with Christmas cookie making?
This Rudolph cookie recipe is part of our Christmas Cookies Recipes e-book. To get 11 more amazing Christmas cookie recipes in one handy dandy digital (and printable) e-book, click the button below for all the details!
SAVE TIME & STRESS!
CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPES COLLECTION
With a mix of traditional & trendy Christmas cookies, this recipe collection with pictures can help bring back the fun (& simple) traditions of Christmas baking.
Other Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Soft & Chewy Rolled Cut Out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Never Fail Fudge
- Make this condensed milk fudge recipe in the microwave in 5 minutes!
- Chocolate Marshmallow Log
- Cranberry Lemon Bars
- Jam Sandwich Cookies (a shortcut recipe!)
- 75+ Christmas cookie recipes with pictures
- Snowflake Cookies
- Glazed Fresh Apple Cookies
- Easy Frosting for Sugar Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
PIN THIS RECIPE IDEA TO REMEMBER IT LATER:
These reindeer cookies are part of our Christmas cookies e-book! Click the button below for all the details.
For more recipes, crafts & ideas for your home all year round, become a VIP!
Become a VIP newsletter subscriber and get instant access to the library of free printables (including wall art, gift tags, and more!). Click here or the button below to join today.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Join my list for more ideas for you and your home…