This Christmas, I wanted to give you a gift – an ultimate list of Christmas cookies recipes with pictures as a handy reference.
Christmas cookies have been a part of my family’s holiday traditions since I was a little girl. I remember helping my mom ice Rolled Sugar Cookies, licking off the spoon after stirring the No Fail Easy Fudge recipe, and dip Christmas chocolates with my boys. As predictable as Santa and his sleigh, families gather around the kitchen and create sweet Christmas memories by baking together.
I asked my fellow bloggers to submit cookie recipes, and boy did they ever! I’m absolutely thrilled with this amazing, over-the-top collection of Christmas cookie recipes.
So, here you go. Turn on your holiday baking playlist & Happy Christmas Cookie making!
The Ultimate List of Christmas Cookies Recipes with Pictures and by Type
Christmas Sugar Cookies
Nothing says Merry Christmas more than sugar cookies! These Christmas cut out cookies can become Christmas tree cookies, snowmen, star, candy canes, or angels. With all kinds of Christmas cookie decorating ideas for these, they can be iced with sprinkles, iced with royal or buttercream icing, or sprinkled with colored sugar. The possibilities are as endless as your creativity!
1.High Altitude Sugar Cookies |2.Christmas Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing | 3. Easy Chocolate Sugar Cookies | 4. Best Ever Christmas Sugar Cookies | 5. Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies with Fondant | 6. Oil Free Vegan Sugar Cookies | 7.Best Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies | 8.Easy Decorated Christmas Sugar Cookies | 9.Rolled Sugar Cookies – my family favorite recipe!
Cute Christmas Cookies
I think these Christmas cookies deserve some songs of their very own. I’m pretty sure they could be a part of a Disney Christmas movie with epic soundtracks like Frosty the Snowman and Beauty and the Beast. These cute Christmas cookies just blow my mind! Check out cookie #5. That cookie is shaped like a mug with a candy cane handle and straw. How cute is THAT??? Filled with creativity and fun, these Christmas cookies can’t help but make you smile. Perfect for a Christmas cookie tray or Christmas cookie exchange, they’d also be delightful Christmas cookies for kids.
1.3D Hidden Surprise Ornament Cookies | 2. Melted Snowman Cookies | 3. Brownie Reindeer Cookies | 4. Rudolph Chocolate Christmas Cookies | 5. Easy Hot Chocolate Mug Cookies with Candy Cane Handles | 6. Christmas Tree Oreo Cookies | 7. Chocolate Covered Oreo Reindeer | 8. Elf Quote Christmas Cookies| 9. Homemade Oreos
Top Traditional Christmas Cookies
It’s a bit subjective to choose what the “top” Christmas cookies are, but in my research on the topic, it seems Peanut Butter Blossoms rate number 1 in America. I took what information I could find and compiled this collection of the top traditional Christmas cookie recipes, with a few twists on the classics.
1.Gingerbread Cookies | 2.Classic Buckeye Cookies | 3. Thumbprint Cookies | 4. Christmas Shortbread Cookies | 5. Peanut Butter Blossoms | 6. Christmas Crack | 7. Russian Tea Cakes | 8. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies | 9. Caramel Filled Snickerdoodles
Christmas Cookies for Special Diets: Gluten Free & Vegan Christmas Cookies
Having to deal with eating a special diet is hard at the best of times, and it’s not fun to be left out in the sweet treats department when Christmas rolls around. If you or someone you know is gluten free or vegan, here are some Christmas cookies that will make even Santa wish he were on a special diet!;)
1.Gluten Free Almond Thumbprint Cookies |2. Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies |3. Vegan & Gluten Free White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies |4. 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free) | 5.Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Recipe | 6. Gluten & Dairy Free Chewy Coconut Macaroons | 7. Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti Cookies |8. Vegan Snickerdoodles |9. Vegan Cranberry Cookies
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
More Vegan Christmas Cookies (without pictures):
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate No Bake Cookies with Vegan Options
- Vegan Oat Cookies
More Gluten Free Christmas Cookies (without pictures):
- Gluten Free Linzer Tart Cookies
- Gluten Free Pferrernusse Cookies
- Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Chocolate Christmas Cookies
Can you ever go wrong with chocolate? It’s always in season in my books.;) These delicious looking chocolate cookies have their own Christmas spin through festive sprinkles and decorations.
- Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies | 2.Double Chocolate Cookies | 3.Christmas Brownie Cookies | 4. Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies | 5.Chocolate Ginger Crinkles | 6.Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich | 7.Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies | 8.Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies |9.No Bake Chocolate Marshmallow Log
Christmas Cookies with Hershey’s Kisses, Reese Peanut Butter Cup, or Rolo
Merry “Kissmas” to you! (I couldn’t resist!) Add a special Hershey’s treat to your Christmas cookies with one of these yummy looking recipes.
Easy Christmas Cookies Recipes with Peppermint or Candy Cane
What’s more Christmas than candy canes and peppermint? These delightful cookies have a beautiful mix of each!
1.Candy Cane Thumbprint Cookies | 2. Candy Cane Cookies | 3. Peppermint White Chocolate Chickpea Cookies | 4. Chocolate Peppermint No Bake Cookies | 5. Candy Cane Cookies | 6.Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies | 7.Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies | 8. Chocolate Peppermint Cookies | 9. Easy Peppermint Bark Cookies
White Christmas Cookies
It makes sense that white Christmas cookies would be popular – since it is the “Let it Snow” season after all! Christmas snowball cookies or cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar look festive and fun on Christmas cookie trays or at a Christmas cookie exchange. White cookies with red cranberries also fit right into the festivities – full of sweetness and flavor.
1.No-Bake Coconut Balls | 2. Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes | 3.Cranberry & Chocolate Snickerdoodles | 4. Cranberry Noels | 5. Eggnog Biscotti | 6. Cardamom Walnut Cookies |7. White Chocolate Cranberry Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies | 8. Iced Oatmeal Cookies | 9. World Famous Snowball Cookies
Want to give the gift Christmas cookies?
Here are some creative ways to turn your Christmas cookies into gifts:
- Christmas Cookie Tray: Purchase inexpensive trays at the Dollar store and arrange an assortment of cookies. Tie clear cellophane wrapping around it and attach a gift tag.
- Christmas Cookie Mason Jar: Pile up a stack of pretty Christmas cookies or snowball cookies in the jar. Cut a piece of fabric or colored paper to fit the size of the lid. Screw the ring on. Tie a ribbon around the lid and attach a gift tag.
- Christmas Cookie Tin: Purchase a festive Christmas cookie tin and line it with a piece of colored tissue paper. Then, lay in a piece of cooking parchment paper. Place cookies on the parchment paper, and add another piece on the top. Then, fold down the tissue paper and close the lid. Add a stick on bow or tie around a wide piece of ribbon, jute string, or baker’s twine. Add a gift tag, and it’s ready to give!!
- Christmas Cookie Box – Click here for a great article on how to put one together!
- Make Christmas Cookie Ornaments!
- Host a Christmas Cookie Exchange Party (This sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!)
Want some free printable Christmas gift tags?
Remember, I said this post was a gift to you? Well, here’s ANOTHER GIFT!
Claim your own free set of Christmas gift tags by clicking the button below… Merry Christmas to you!:)