In this article: Mix up a delicious batch of glazed fresh apple cookies with this blender drop cookie recipe.
My baking habits have changed drastically since I’ve been trying to eat healthier. I no longer buy the biggest bags of flour and sugar possible every month. In fact, the smallest bags of each last a very long time these days.
Although it’s necessary to limit the amount of baked treats, it’s nice to have one every now and then. A co-worker introduced me to this delicious glazed fresh apple cookies recipe. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to dust off my baking skills and bake up a small batch. Not only is it one of the most tastey cookies I’ve ever had, it’s only 100 calories per serving! (Yay!)
Glazed Fresh Apple Cookies
- 1 1/8 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or currants)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups apple pieces
- 1/4 cup nuts (I used almonds)
- Ingredients for glaze (below)
Prepare for baking
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Grease cookie sheets well, or line them with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients together
Sift flour and soda into a mixing bowl, add dried cranberries and set aside.
Use a blender to mix other ingredients
Put milk, egg, butter, salt, spices, and sugar into blender, cover, and blend until smooth. Stop blender and add apples, cover, and process. Add nuts, cover and process.
Mix liquid and dry ingredients together
Empty the contents of the blender into the flour mixture and mix well.
Drop cookie dough in teaspoon-sized drops onto cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Glaze while hot
Mix together the following ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl:
- 1 1/4 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon soft butter
- 3/4 cup sifted icing sugar
- pinch of salt
While cookies are hot out of the oven, spread glaze over each one.
These glazed fresh apple cookies have a nice, soft consistency ~ almost like a little cake.
The spices in them are perfect for cool Fall and Winter days.
With all the temptations of high calorie Christmas baked treats ahead, I think these are a nice healthy(-ish?) alternative…
They’re so delicious, no one will guess they are low calorie!;)
- 1⅛ cup sifted flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries (craisens)
- ⅛ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cups apple pieces
- ¼ cups nuts
- 1¼ tablespoons milk
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon soft butter
- ¾ cup sifted icing sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper.
- Sift flour and soda into a mixing blow, add craisens and set aside.
- Put milk, egg, butter, salt, spices, and sugar into blender container, cover and blend until smooth.
- Add apples, cover and blend. Add nuts and process.
- Empty blender contents into flour mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- While hot, spread with Vanilla Glaze.
- (Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl and spread on hot cookies.)