This easy strawberry pie with fresh strawberries in a refrigerated jello filling make this homemade pie a favorite, refreshing dessert.
When it comes to berry pie recipes, Grandma’s Recipe for Strawberry Pie with Jello is at the top of the list for me.
We used to love it when Grandma would call us and tell us it was ready to eat!
This is her recipe for Strawberry Pie with Jello, and it was one of the first recipes I ever wrote down in my very own recipe book journal.
Grandma’s Recipe for Strawberry Pie with Jello
This recipe is super easy to make, with a homemade pie crust that is no roll! It’s the first step to this delicious dessert!
Ingredients for the no roll pie crust:
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
Step by step instructions for the no roll pie crust
How to make Strawberry Pie with Jello filling.
Step 1: While the pie crust is cooling, mix together the filling by heating together in a saucepan:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Step 2: Once it is clear, add in a 4 serving size package of strawberry jello powder.
Step 3: Let the filling sauce cool slightly and then pour over 1 pint of sliced strawberries that you’ve poured into the cooled pie shell.
Step 4: Cool completely in the fridge until the jello sets and the pie becomes firm.
Serve with whipped cream.
More tips for making Strawberry Pie with Jello:
- You can make this pie using a pre-made pie shell that you bake off if you prefer.
- This recipe also makes yummy strawberry pie tarts. Purchase pre-made tart shells, bake them, and put a small amount of strawberries and sauce in each one. Serve on cute wooden round platters and they will be a HIT at your next large group event or family reunion!
- The filling could also be used with a graham cracker crust instead of a traditional pie crust.
- If you need to make a dessert for a large crowd, double this recipe and place in a 9X13 dish and serve in squares.
For more berry recipes:
For more pie recipes:
- Banana Cream Pie
- Homemade Tenderflake Pie Crust
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Grasshopper Pie
- Cherry Pie with Canned Cherries
- And here are more desserts for a large crowd