There’s nothing quite like a frosty drink on hot days. Also referred to as an iced cappacino (or iced capp) this Nescafe frappe is a cold coffee recipe that’s quick & easy to make at home with a blender.
As someone who prefers just black coffee without lots of sweeteners and addins, I like that this frothy iced coffee recipe appeals to all coffee drinkers.
The amount of sugar can be adjusted to be just right for your sweet tooth, or even omited all together if you prefer it to be less sweet with a stronger coffee flavor.
What is a Classic Greek Frappe?
I first had this drink when I was visiting a high school friend on a hot Summer day. She served this drink to me in her cozy kitchen and I immediately asked for the recipe.
It was titled “Iced Cafe au Lait”.
As I did some research on this drink, I realized it fits under the definition of a greek frappe as well.
By definition, a greek frappe is instant cofee (like Nescafe), water, ice, and milk mixed together to make a frothy iced coffee drink. You can use a greek frappe mixer or a small electric drink mixer to make this, but I just use my Ninja blender and love how it comes out with small chunks of crushed ice. It’s the ideal refreshment for hot Summer days!
(For your convenience, a printable recipe card is located at the bottom of this post.)
- 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar (adjust the amount for your preference. We like 1 1/2 tablespoons.)
- 1 teaspoon Nescafe instant espresso powder
- 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- 10 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup 2% cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Step by Step Instructions for this Blended Homemade Greek Frappe
- In a blender, combine the instant espresso powder, sugar, and boiling water. Place the lid on tightly and blend.
- Add the ice cubes. Place the lid on tightly again and pulse the blender until they are crushed into medium chunks.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla, and pulse until combined.
- Pour into a tall glass or cappacino mug and enjoy!
- Really, any brand of instant coffee would work for this recipe. For this particular frappe recipe I was able to find Nescafe brand espresso powder. However you can substitute a teaspoon of instant coffee of any brand for a similar flavor.
- For a richer drink, heavy cream can be substituted for the milk. And some people prefer to use oat milk or almond milk instead of regular milk.
- You can serve this drink in any tall cup – even a mason jar or water glass will work. I sometimes stick a straw in it so I can stir it around as I drink it.
- For a fancy presentation, you can squirt whipping cream on the top of the glass before serving. A drizzle of chocolate sauce would make a wonderful soft coffee mocha flavor.
Special Equipment for this Recipe
I love how this recipe doesn’t require wild specific tools. It does use a blender, though, and I absolutely love my Ninja blender. I also use my electric kettle to boil the water quickly, but you can boil it any way you choose.
Be sure to check out my Amazon Shop for all kinds of recommendations for your kitchen & home.
Tools you’ll need
Other Refreshing Drink Recipes
Frozen hot chocolate is another refreshing drink that can be made in a blender.
And, head over to my friend Shirley’s blog today for her Southern Sweet Tea recipe!
Pin this recipe to remember it later!
For more recipes, crafts & ideas for your home all year round, become a VIP!
Become a VIP newsletter subscriber and get instant access to the library of free printables (including wall art, gift tags, and more!). Click here or the button below to join today.