Vegetarian wraps with grilled veggies and hummus are quick and easy to make and full of flavour and nutrition. You won’t miss the meat!
Have you ever bought eggplant? I sure hadn’t…until we tried these Grilled Veggie & Hummus Wraps the other day. Turns out, it’s delicious and so, so easy to prepare!
If you’re looking for a super simple, fast, & filling recipe, this is it! Here’s how to make them:
Ingredients for bbq vegetarian wraps:
- 4 slices red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 8 oz container garlic flavored hummus
- 4 whole wheat or white tortillas
- 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
Step by Step instructions for vegetarian wraps on the grill
1. Slice veggies and brush them all over with olive oil.
(Don’t let the eggplant scare you. It’s like a giant purple cucumber. Just slice it up!)
2. Place the oiled vegetables on an outdoor (or indoor) grill that is medium- hot (350-400 degrees). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes (with the lid closed) and then flip them over. Continue cooking until they are the desired softness and char that you like.
3. Once the veggies are cooked, remove from the grill and dice them. Spread a layer of hummus on a wrap, then veggies, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
We secretly thought that we’d miss some meat in the mix, but these were surprisingly filling!
Served with a simple spinach salad with poppyseed dressing with dried cranberries and feta, it was a perfectly simple and delicious dinner.
*Note: Since I don’t dream up recipes like this on my own, this one is adapted from the recipe in the Cooking Light Good Mood Food book, and is also found online here.