This sweet & creamy poppy seed dressing can be whisked together in minutes with only 4 ingredients! Drizzle it over your favorite salad as the perfect topping. It will be a family favorite you’ll want to serve to guests, too!
My husband and I recently spent 3 weeks driving over 5900 kilometers to visit our families. Along with great conversations, we also enjoyed tasting so many new recipes. I came home with a handfull! This homemade salad dressing is one of our new favorites. I made it when we got home and have been enjoying it on my salads every day since.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
I’m relatively new to making salad dressing, so I was so pleasantly surprised at how quick it was to mix up. In just minutes it was finished!
It can be stored in a covered mason jar in the fridge, and shaken up before each use. It’s creamy & delicious and is hands down my favorite salad dressing recipe I’ve ever tasted!
(A printable recipe card is included at the bottom of this post for your convenience.)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
Instructions for this easy Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl
- Whisk together all the ingredients until smooth and the poppy seeds are evenly distributed throughout.
Tips & Tricks
- If making a large bowl of salad for guests or family, don’t put the poppyseed dressing on it until right before serving.
- Avoid putting too much dressing on a salad to prevent it from turning soggy and watery.
- Store leftover poppyseed salad dressing in a covered container in the fridge. A mason jar with a lid works perfect.
- Shake or stir the dressing before each use.
How to make Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
This sweet and creamy poppyseed dressing is a great compliment to any salad, but my favorite is a strawberry spinach salad.
To make an easy spinach & strawberry salad, start with a bowl of spinach greens that have been washed and patted dry. Cut or tear off the long stems.
Then add sliced strawberries, thin sliced *red onions, and slivered almonds. Toss lightly.
*Tip: If you soak sliced red onions in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes, and then drain them, they won’t taste so strong.
Right before serving, drizzle over some homemade poppyseed dressing and toss lightly. It’s so delicious!
This easy salad dressing recipe doesn’t require a lot of fancy equipment. But, I’ve listed below some options for yummy salad making and serving.
(Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite kitchen tools!)
More Salad Recipes:
- Pasta Salad with Ketchup Dressing
- Classic Potato Salad Recipe with Egg
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Red Chili Peanut Sauce
- Spicy Lime Chicken Salad
- Black Bean Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
PIN THIS RECIPE TO REMEMBER IT LATER:
For more recipes, crafts & ideas for your home all year round, become a VIP!
Become a VIP newsletter subscriber and get instant access to the library of free printables (including wall art, gift tags, and more!). Click here or the button below to join today.