I’ve never been a person who enjoyed having salad for dinner. This recipe has completely changed my mind! It’s layered with a mixture of spicy & sweet flavours and combined with colorful, crispy texture.
To make the spicy chicken, slice chicken breasts into thin strips.
Add them to a hot pan with oil and pour over fresh squeezed lime juice and spices.
Cook until it is golden brown and cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, layer up all the ingredients in individual serving bowls: mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mango, green onions, avacado, and chicken.
Oh…so delicious! (This is what we’re having for dinner tonight…)
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chipolte chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- FOR THE REST:
- 5 cups baby mixed greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 1 mango
- 2 small green onions, sliced diagonally
- ½ medium avacado, sliced thinly
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When hot, add the thinly sliced chicken, followed by the lime juice. Sprinkle the paprika and cumin over the top of the chicken and stir occasionally until all the pieces are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, arrange the greens in 2 bowls. Follow with the cucumber slices, tomatoes, mango cubes, and green onion.
- When the chicken is cooked, distribute it between the 2 bowls. Top with avacado slices and serve.