Is your counter space and storage challenging in your tiny kitchen? After dramatically downsizing our home & kitchen, I searched for small kitchen storage ideas to make the most out of every inch.
Here are some of the best clever and sneaky solutions I discovered.
Small Kitchen Ideas for Storage
Maximize storage space with these clever ideas for cupboards and shelves:
(Note: Scroll to the bottom of this post to shop the storage and organization ideas.)
1.Corral a toppling tower of baking sheets with a vertical organizer.
This is one of the most brilliant ideas I’ve stumbled across. Do you know what that metal rack is? ~ An office envelope paper sorter!
2.Install slide out shelves for ease of use.
DIY shelves with pull out sliders are a wonderful and efficient way to utilize space. We, in fact, used this idea and installed something similar to turn a cupboard into a pantry!
It works so well, and we no longer have to stand on our head to find the ketchup.;)
3. Hang a towel bar on the side of a cupboard.
By adding small “s” hooks, this organization solution does double duty and can hang far more than just towels!
4. Maximize dead space above the cupboards by adding scale appropriate storage containers.
These rustic wooden bins fit in perfectly with this modern farmhouse kitchen design. They are both pretty and practical.
5. Utilize narrow spaces for creative solutions.
Clever kitchen designs can turn even the smallest space into something useful. This slide out unit is the perfect place to hang towels and store beside the sink cleaning supplies.
5. Make the most of the height of your cupboard shelves by layering in extra shelves, bins, and hooks.
Mug hooks, small containers with lids, and a metal plate rack help make this narrow beverage center cupboard function so well.
6. Organize cleaning supplies in baskets under the kitchen sink.
I’m not going to lie. Under the sink is my least favorite cabinet in the kitchen. But, the girls at Classy Clutter inspired me to look at it as a place that could be clean, pretty and useful!
Source: Classy Clutter
Create clever kitchen storage that also doubles as decor!
Don’t underestimate the power of having pretty containers that are also practical, too. Here are some ideas for decor that doubles as storage, too.
1.Store often-used utensils in pretty containers on the counter.
I just love this DIY utensil caddy that Craftberry Bush made!
2. Open shelving is a great opportunity for a drink station with pretty storage containers.
Pretty jars and baskets can hold coffee, tea, and hot chocolate mix. The shelves can also be the perfect place to put your well used and loved mugs out on display.
We removed a cupboard in our tiny kitchen and made an open shelf coffee station. It makes the kitchen seem larger!
3. Use clever storage solutions that are designed to be hung on the wall.
A hanging caddy on a rail makes a great use of the space above the countertop.
So there you have it! – 10 clever storage ideas for the kitchen.
Does it inspired you to go do some organizing? If so, have fun!!:) And, check here for even more ideas for small kitchen storage – including some nifty ideas for spices and back of the cupboard door storage.
Shop these storage and organization ideas
Disclosure: The following are affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
For more ideas for small kitchen organization, check these out:
- Organize small kitchen cupboards like a pro!
- Turn an ordinary cupboard into a pantry for small kitchen
- under kitchen sink organization ideas
- How to Make Packing Tape Labels for Kitchen Organization
Want help getting started in decluttering your home?
I’ve put together a free Home Organization series just for you! Included in it are:
- Simple 15 minute organization tasks for each day
- Additional resources and ideas for more specific spaces – like organizing kitchen cupboards, pantry organization, and how to organize small closets.
- FREE printable checklists
Click here or the button below to get started today.