Is there anything better than the combination of chocolate and creamy peanut butter? These soft & chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies have been declared the “best cookies” in our house!
Not only do they have the perfect cookies ratio of peanut butter flavor and milk chocolate chips, they are so quick & easy to mix up in just one bowl (without a mixer!), and freeze well, too.
Why you will love this favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.
A reader recently commented that “although many recipes don’t really stand up to their claims, this one does!”
I can’t agree more! Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies is one of the most popular cookie recipes out there. And what makes this one the best cookie recipe ever (in my opinion anyway!), is that these soft cookies not only taste good, they are so easy to mix up and get in the oven quick!
Another one of my favorite things about this recipe is that this moist cookie freezes amazingly well. It was so handy to bake these and freeze them to have them at the ready for the kids’ school lunches. If you’ve got a hankering for warm cookies”fresh from the oven”, just take one out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. So delicious!
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients for these homemade peanut butter cookies:
- ½ cup room temperature butter (The picture above shows it slightly melted from the microwave. However, I recommend it being softened to room temperature, not melted!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter – Use regular creamy peanut butter, not natural style peanut butter
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips – I usually use milk chocolate chips, but dark chocolate chips or any other kind will work well, too.
Step by Step Instructions
1.In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, vanilla, and 1 cup of peanut butter until smooth.
2. Stir in the sugar, baking soda, salt, and flour.
Once mixed together well, stir in the chocolate chips.
3.Roll a generous Tablespoon size of dough into balls in the palm of your hand and gently press down each one with a fork.
Place on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing out 12 per baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes or until just barely golden brown around the edges.
For soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, watch the baking time closely. You don’t want it to be too brown around the edges, or it will turn into a crisp cookie.
Remove them from the oven when they are just beginning to brown.
Using a spatula, transfer the cookies immediately from the large baking sheets to cool on a wire rack.
Tips for making this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- For easy clean-up, use parchment paper on your baking sheets. It can be reused more than once – but it is very slippery on the pan. Make sure you don’t tilt the pan as you’re placing it in the oven or your cookies may slide off!
- Baking times vary based on the type of baking sheets you have. If in doubt, set your timer for a few minutes less and check them early. In order to have soft and chewy cookies, you want to take them out of the oven before they are golden brown. Just the tiniest bit of brown on the edges is perfect!
- If you don’t prefer to mix these cookies by hand, you can certainly follow the same steps using a hand mixer or an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
To freeze these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies:
Once completely cool, place them in a tightly sealed ziploc bag or airtight container with a lid and place in the freezer. When sealed properly, they can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. (If you can keep your family away from them that long!;))
For more delicious homemade cookie recipes, check out these:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cookies with Vanilla Glaze
- Chocolate Marshmallow Log
- Rolled Sugar Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
Working on some Christmas Cookies Recipes?
I have something special just for you. Check out our new e-book!