Looking for easy Christmas appetizers? Get ready for some festive fun with this charcuterie board with a Christmas tree shaped selection of meats, cheeses, and veggies.
A Christmas tree charcuterie board is the perfect idea for holiday party appetizers, Christmas finger food ideas, or even Christmas dinner appetizers.
It’s easy! I’ll show you the step by step process.
Why you’ll love this Christmas Charcuterie Board Idea
Holiday parties seem to go hand in hand with the Christmas season, and I must admit, I sure love a fun & festive Christmas party! Maybe you’re planning on going to one (or a few), or you might even be planning your own Hallmark movie game night!;)
Either way, you might find yourself searching for a fun appetizer recipe for the holiday season. I discovered this charcuterie board Christmas tree idea last year when I was trying to figure out what to take to my husband’s Christmas staff party. It ended up being so fun to make and take.
With so many selections of sweet treats and Christmas cookies around this time of year, this easy Christmas appetizer is a nice savory addition filled with healthy veggies, meat, and cheeses.
You can take this basic idea and adapt it to fit the groceries you have on hand. Have fun making your own personalized twist to it!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Charcuterie Christmas Tree
(A printable recipe card is provided below for your convenience.)
- A charcuterie tray – which means anything large and flat – like a cutting board or large serving platter.
- Fresh cut herbs – like parsley, rosemary, or thyme
- Sliced deli meat – like salami or pepperoni
- English cucumber slices
- Cheese cubes – whatever variety you’d like
- Mini pickles – sweet or dill
- Baby tomatoes in a variety of colors
- Slice of cheese cut out with a star cookie cutter for a “tree topper”
Step by step instructions for assembling a Christmas tree charcuterie board
- Wash your charcuterie board well. (You can layer a piece of parchment paper on it to line it if you’d prefer not to set the food directly on a wooden board.)
- Wash the fresh herbs and pat dry with a paper towel. Snip them into small pieces and arrange them in a triangle to outline the shape of the tree.
- Prepare other fresh veggies by washing them and cutting them into bite sized pieces. Chop the cheese into cubes.
- Starting at the bottom, arrange the items in horizontal lines, alternating colors and shapes.
- Finish with a cheese star tree topper.
- Serve with a variety of different shaped crackers, and place appetizer forks on it so that guests can serve themselves without touching the food.
How to transport this Christmas tree charcuterie board to a holiday party
I covered this Christmas tree charcuterie board tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated it until we had to leave for our party. Then I placed it – along with the boxes of crackers to serve with it in a crate. (A box would work well, too.) Once I got to the party, I arranged the crackers on a platter and unwrapped the pastic wrap from the charcuterie board.
Variations for this Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
The sky is the limit for this easy appetizer idea! You can use any veggies, meats, cheeses, or fruit you’d like. Here are some more ideas:
- Use brocolli and cauliflower florets.
- Dot dried cranberries on top of the white cheese cubes.
- Use different varieties of nuts as some of the layers.
- Add in fresh fruits like grapes, raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Use pretzel sticks as a tree trunk.
- Cut mini stars out of cheese slices and lay on the top like ornaments.
Other Holiday Party Appetizers Recipes
- If you’re a fan of grazing table ideas, you’ll also like this Christmas Cookie Charcuterie board
- This baked brie with fig jam is scrumptous & elegant!