Make this Cute DIY Christmas Tree Pillow in Just 15 Minutes
Learn the simple steps to make a DIY Christmas tree pillow in just 15 minutes – no sewing required!
As I went through a basket of curtains the other day, I pulled out a white pillow cover I totally forgot I had.
Since I already had accent pillows for Christmas on my mind, I immediately decided to turn this into a fun DIY Christmas tree pillow.
It is so quick & easy to make. In fact, it would make a great gift idea if you’re looking for one, too.
How to Make a No Sew DIY Christmas Tree Pillow
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
Supplies you’ll need for a DIY Christmas Tree Pillow:
- Pillow cover (The one I used is an inexpensive one from Ikea. Here is a similar one from Amazon.)
- Fabric scraps
- Pom pom piping
- Heat n Bond
- Paper pattern for the Christmas tree
- Glue gun & glue sticks
1. Make a paper pattern for your Christmas tree.
Don’t overthink this step. It’s easy! Choose how wide & tall you’d like your tree to be. (Mine is 5.5 inches wide and 9 1/4 inches tall.) Cut a rectangle that size out of a sheet of scrap paper. Then fold it in half. Make a cut from the top of the fold down to the bottom edge. Open up your paper, and tada! You have a tree!
2. Iron on the sticky side of a piece of heat n bond (that is a bit bigger than your finished tree). Trace out your tree and add a trunk in the middle. Cut it out of the fabric.
4. Peel off the backing of the heat and bond and iron on the tree to the center of your pillow cover.
5. Using the glue gun, glue on the pom pom trim around the tree.
That’s it! Put your pillow form in your Christmas tree pillow cover and display it for your own DIY Christmas decor!
For more DIY Christmas Decor projects, check out:
- Wood Slice Christmas Tree Sign
- Mini Flocked Faux Christmas Tree (from Dollar Store supplies)
- Winter Wonderland DIY Christmas Tree Ornament
- Shabby Chic Bird Christmas Tree Ornament
Get more Christmas ideas for your home delivered right to your inbox!
Become a VIP newsletter subscriber, and receive instant FREE downloadable Christmas gift tags! Click the button below to join today.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Join my list for more ideas for you and your home…
This is so fun! Love all the DIY ideas you share! Thanks 😊
What a cute pillow and so quick and easy. I love that little Pom Pom trim.
This is such a fun and cute project!