Beauty & The Budget | Podcast Episode 4
Episode 4: Show notes
Welcome, Sweet Friend! Today we’re going to chat about some super duper budget friendly home decor ideas – so you can add some beauty and personality into your home EVEN IF your budget is super duper small.
Do you identify with needing budget home decor?
As I started to think about writing today’s podcast, I realized I was writing it for a very specific person. I’m not sure how many of these people are out there, honestly, but I figured if it were an encouragement or gave even a few people some glimpses of hope for beauty in their home everyday, it would be worth it.
So this podcast is for the person living in a home that is sort of dilapidated and sad. When you visit your friends’ houses they all seem so pristine and pretty and put together, and so terribly opposite of what you’re living in that really they can’t be compared.
You know what the saying “trying to keep up with the Joneses” means, but it doesn’t even affect you because there’s no way on God’s green earth you could ever begin to try to keep up with the Jones family finances! So you don’t even try…
You want to live in a house that makes you feel at home – a house that gives you joy and makes you smile, and makes you feel at peace, and is a place where you gather together with your family and feel cozy and safe..
If that’s you, Sweet Friend, click PLAY on today’s episode to get some ideas to make your home cozy & beautiful without having to spend much money!
Parts of this podcast episode:
- Two important steps to making your home feel more refreshed – without spending a dime!
- 12 budget friendly home decorating ideas
12 Budget Home Decor Ideas
- Use Paint! Here are some links you may find helpful:
- Painting finished wood (how to paint stained wood)
- All kinds of painting tips and tricks & before & after projects
- Painting supplies list
- Stenciled Curtains
- Hanging Ikea Curtains (our Master Bedroom curtains)
- How to make a rod pocket curtain
- Diy herringbone wall paint wallpaper
- Pillow covers
- Faux leather pillow covers (but you can use any fabric for this easy method)
- Display your sentimental items
- Here’s an example of sentimental items displayed as bookcase decor
Links mentioned in this show:
Get your free decluttering planner by clicking here or the image below:
More about our Podcast
The Harbour Breeze Home podcast is hosted by Rita Joy, author of the Harbour Breeze Home blog. With lighthearted conversation and storytelling style, Rita Joy will share tips and tricks to help you take steps to help make your home look and feel its best. Watch for new shows coming your way on Mondays.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Join my list for more ideas for you and your home…
Oh, Rita! You make cleaning and organizing sound so fun! I need to get started asap! I think every room in the house needs a redo!! Mostly the clutter! Thanks for the inspiration!!