Come on in, Friends, and take a tour of our townhouse living and dining room cozied up with casual boho fall decor. It’s all ready for chilly days ahead.
One of my favorite rhythms of homemaking is “resetting” the house for each new season.
I’ve realized over the years, though, that when I change the house up for a new season, it doesn’t necessarily mean I feel the need to go out and buy a bunch of new things in the latest trendy style or color.
In fact, as time marches on, I find I’m am drawn to the same type of decor over and over again, and have collected over time pieces that I love to use for each season.
If you’ve been following along on this blog for any length of time, you will probably recognize all the decor that shows up in this little Fall tour. It’s just arranged in a new, fresh way!
So come on in and I’ll show you around!
How to Cozy Up your space with Simple Fall Decor Ideas
- Switch out your couch decorator pillow covers – I know it looks great to have a couch full of decor pillows, but we find that all but 2 always end up on the floor when we actually sit on the couch! So, I switched out my Spring floral covers for a more Fall print and the faux leather pillow covers I made a few years ago. (My husband made the floating frame for canvas art above the couch.)
- Add in candles. The day I decided to reset the house for Fall was beautifully sunny. However, we know that the rain and gray skies are coming our way soon. On dark days like that, it’s nice to have some candles ready to light for some cozy cheer.
- You can never go wrong with real and faux greenery! I always love to change up the decor on the farmhouse shelves in our dining room. This time I decided to go super simple with some vintage art, a few faux pumpkins, and real plants. The antique buffet is a family heirloom and my favorite piece of furniture in the whole house.
- Set a simple Fall table. Since our dining table is in our main linving space, I like to set it with a tablecloth and a simple centerpiece. (Here is another simple boho Fall tablescape.)
- Forage for flowers and greenery in your yard. Now is the perfect time to bring the outside in. Arrangements of flowers or branches from your garden in interesting containers can be such beautiful decor that doesn’t cost anything!
- Bring your personality into your home by displaying items on bookshelves that you love. I’m always amazed at how these bookshelves can look totally different with exactly the same items for different seasons! This time I swapped out my white pitchers and decor for woods and black items, and just love how it feels more cozy and warm for this new season.
Shop Similar Items
Behind the Scenes of this Fall Decor Photoshoot
The story of this particular photoshoot was very meaningful to me. You can listen to it on my Harbour Breeze Home podcast where you listen to your favorite podcasts, or just click play on the button below to hear it now.
More Decorating Ideas & Tips
That ends our little Fall home tour for this year, but if you’re looking for more Fall decorating inspiration, you might want to check out these previous posts:
- Free Fall printable art is a perfect budget friendly idea!
- Blue Fall decor ideas
- Boho Dining Room Ideas
- A simple guide for decorating bookshelves
Pin this for later
Join me on Pinterest and get more ideas for your home!