The last time I showed you a sneak peek of our Master Bedroom headboard, it looked like this:
Hmm…not exactly the final look I’m going for!:)
Once the walls were all painted pretty, I wanted to do something new to the headboard, too.
Our bed was made by my husband years ago, (you can read all about our Accidental Pottery Barn Knock-off here), and very intentionally, we built it so it could be reupholstered easily.
Most recently, the frame was painted white with tan upholstery in it. It’s been that way for years.
To give it a fresh new look, I took it apart and painted it with a fresh coat of paint ~ Urbane Bronze by Sherwin Williams:
I also added some new fabric ~ stapled right over the original upholstery to give it extra padding.
I used the same basic technique for this headboard as I did when I recovered these chairs.
It went from this:
(I couldn’t resist showing you the messy process during a room makeover!;))
The color is Urbane Bronze by Sherwin Williams, the fabric is clearance from Fabricland, and we love the new look!