Need a budget friendly DIY wall art idea for a bare wall in your home? This is the quickest and easiest DIY wall art project ever -using book pages!
This project is so ridiculously simple, it’s almost embarrassing!
In the spirit of using items I already had, I came up with this idea…
How to Make the Quickest & Simplest DIY Wall Art Ever
Supplies you’ll need:
- Picture frames in the size you’d like to use on the wall
- Books with photos you like
- Canvas or linen fabric (or whatever fabric you like that coordinates with your picture)
- Xacto Knife
Cut the fabric the size of the matting of the frame
I used a piece of canvas drop cloth as the fabric to act as a “mat” for my picture. Canvas drop cloth is a great, economical fabric option that looks similar to linen once it has been washed.
Choose a picture from a book or magazine that you’d like to frame
I have a lovely coffee table book of Norman Rockwell photos that my grandma gave me. I love it very much, but find we don’t take it out to look at it often.
Choosing a few photos to frame seemed like a great way to put the book to better use!
I carefully cut out 2 of the Norman Rockwell pictures that I thought would look nice in this space. I just used a ruler and x-acto knife, and it really wasn’t too scary!
Layer the picture and the fabric on the picture frame glass.
I laid the picture facedown on the center of the glass, then the cloth, the mat that originally came with the frame, and then the frame backing.
Secure the back of the frame on and hang on the wall!
Lickety Split!…Quick (and budget friendly!) art…
If you are looking for more DIY Wall Art ideas, check out these posts:
- DIY Large Art – How to mount large photos or posters on foam board
- How to Frame an Engineer Print
- And, my VIP printables library has all kinds of free art to hang on the wall. Just go here, enter the secret password and get yourself some free art like this!
Not a VIP yet? No problem. Just click the button below and become one today!