I’ve had a number of people express frustration over trying to comment on blogs. Yesterday I spent a little time changing some settings to make my blog a little more comment friendly…and now that I’ve experimented with it, here’s the step by steps on how to make comments:
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT OR A WEB ADDRESS, THIS IS HOW YOU COMMENT:
- Below the post you want to comment on is a phrase that says “ 2 (or however many comments there currently are on that post) comments”. When you hover your mouse over it, it will become underlined. Click on it.
- A text box will pop up with the words “Post A Comment” above it.
- Type your comment in the text box.
- Below the box is a line that reads “Comment As: Select Profile” with an arrow beside it. Click on the arrow.
- A drop down menu will appear. Click on “Anonymous” (I do so appreciate, though, if you sign your first name to the actual comment you write. I like to know who you are!).
- If you want to see what it will look like before you publish it, click on the “Preview” button. (You can click on the little “edit” box in the right-hand corner if you want to change anything.)
- When it all looks like you want it to, click on “Post A Comment”.
Your comment will appear immediately under the comments section of that post. (I’ve chosen not to “moderate” each comment for now. We’ll see how that goes…)
IF YOU HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT, THIS IS HOW YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
- Sign into your Google account.
- Do the same as steps number 1-4 above.
- When you reach the drop down menu that appears after the “Comment As: Select Profile”, click on “Google Acct”.
- Preview (if you’d like) and then click on “Post a Comment”.
- Your comment will appear with your Google account name shown (and your picture if you downloaded it on your Google acct).
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT AND WOULD LIKE TO GET ONE, THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
A Google account isn’t a scary thing. It’s free and it’s easy to sign up. I haven’t signed up recently, but you can just use your search engine and type in “Google acct” and up will pop an area that says “sign up for a new account”. It will walk you through step-by-step and it’s quite quick. At the end, you can download your picture if you’d like. (If you’d like to remain somewhat “anonymous” you can name yourself something different – like “sassy lady”, or something! My “Google” name is ritajoy – not really that anonymous…Ha!)
IF YOU’D LIKE TO BECOME A BLOG “FOLLOWER”, THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
In order to “follow” a blog, you must first have a Google acct. Sign into your Google acct. and click on “follow” in the followers area of the blog. A pop up window will appear with your Google acct. name and picture (if you downloaded one). Then click on “follow this blog”. That’s all. Then your picture will appear with the others (or an empty box if you don’t want your picture) in the follower section.
Hope that helps… Have a great day!