Set your table with a simple and casual modern farmhouse tablescape. It’s perfect for everyday or entertaining.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
How to Create a Simple Farmhouse Tablescape
Mix patterns and texture
Farmhouse stripes, florals, and checked fabrics look great in farmhouse style. Mix patterns and textures that are small, medium, and large.
I love the small checked chunky texture of the runner mixed with the cotton linen look of the placemat.
Add vessels of varying heights down the center of the table
Using a bargain metal tobacco basket (here’s a wood alternative) as the main centerpiece, I set the other pitchers and vases along the runner.
For a relaxed farmhouse tablescape, don’t worry about being too “matchy matchy”. I threw in a mint vase and blue pitcher, and loved how it came together.
Layer the place settings
Round wicker chargers under the plates add interest & depth. If you’d like, a colorful mix of salad plates on top of the dinner plates would look nice, too.
Add pretty glasses with coasters
These Fostoria glasses were my mom’s. I just love how they sparkle!
Pop in some color with flowers and greenery
I was thrilled to discover our happy little yellow daisies started blooming while we were gone. So, I went out to our little garden this morning and picked them and the white stock for the table.
Faux greenery (like the grass in the small pots) also is a nice alternative to fresh flowers.
And there you have it! A Sweet & Simple Farmhouse Tablescape…
Where to buy Farmhouse Table Decor Items:
Here are some sources for farmhouse style table decor.
More Ideas for Decorating your Dining Room Table:
- Spring Table Decor with Thrift Store Finds
- 4 Quick & Simple Table Decor Ideas
- A Simply Classic Farmhouse Tablesetting
- Best Christmas Farmhouse Table Decor Items inspired by Joanna Gaines
- A Christmas table setting with a video on folding napkins into pockets. You can change up the design for any occasion.
- A Blue & Yellow table setting for a large crowd – outside by the sea!
- Setting an Al Fresco Table by Stone Gable