Homemade Baked Tortilla Strips are the perfect quick & easy crunchy garnish for soups & salads, and a fun alternative to crackers.
My sister recently clued me in to the idea of baked tortilla strips.
I was intrigued and decided to try making them myself.
They are so quick and easy, and I can’t explain how absolutely delicious they are! We love them at our house.
How to Make Light & Crispy Homemade Baked Tortilla Strips
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 soft large tortilla shells
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Step by step instructions
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Step 2: Using a serated knife, cut the tortillas into thin, 1/4 inch strips. Then cut the longest strips in half.
- Step 3: Pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Using a silicone brush, brush a thin coat of oil in the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- Step 4: Lay the tortilla strips in the bottom of the pan in a single layer and brush a thin coat of olive oil on the top of the strips.
- Step 5: Bake at 425 degrees for 13 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy – rotating the pan at the half way mark. **Note, this recipe was baked on a stoneware pan. If using a different type of pan, you may need to reduce the baking time.
How do you use crispy baked tortilla strip chips?
These tortilla strips are snap-them-in-half crunchy and are so delicious! We used them in place of crackers to go with our soup. They make a pretty garnish, but also taste delicious dipped into the soup. They would also make a great appetizer served alongside salsa.
People also like to use them on salad toppings as well. They’d be perfect with taco salad.
If you want a spicy chip, sprinkle your favorite spicy spice (like cayanne pepper) on top before baking.
Want to get more recipes and dinner ideas delivered right to your inbox?
Join my newsletter subscriber list for exclusive menu plans, printable grocery lists & menu planners, and new recipes. Just click here or the button below to join today!