Hawaiian Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
You’re going to love this out-of-this-world delicious crock pot shredded chicken! With a sweet and spicy combination of pineapple and jalepeno pepper, this freezer friendly recipe can be used for chicken tacos, served over rice, or used to make shredded chicken sandwiches. The possibilities are limitless, actually!
Ingredients needed for Hawaiian Shredded Chicken
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 4 medium chicken breasts)
- 1 can crushed pinapple with juice
- 1 jalepeno pepper – Rinse and carefully slice open to remove the seeds. (Be careful not to let the seeds touch your skin as they may cause a burn.) Finely dice.
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
Step by Step Instructions for Crock Pot shredded Hawaiian Chicken
- Place the thawed or raw chicken breasts in the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir together. Pour pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the Crock Pot. It should easily fall apart. Shred with two forks, or place in the bowl of an electric mixure and use the paddle blade to shred the chicken. (It works like a charm. You can serve the shredded chicken just like that, or you can take it “up a notch” with the next step.) Once it is shredded, add it back to the crock pot and stir the juices into it.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Transfer the shredded chicken with all the juices onto the baking sheet and broil for about 10 minutes, or just until the chicken barely starts to char on the ends.
How to freeze ahead Hawaiian Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
The full recipe for this shredded chicken serves 4 people. If that is the amount you would like to cook for one meal, place that all in one freezer bag.
However, if you are like me and are cooking for two, divide the recipe equally between two freezer bags. Squeeze the excess air out of the bag, seal tightly, and freezer.
Before using, thaw the chicken completely in the refrigerator overnight. It is not recommended to cook frozen chicken in a slow cooker as the temperature may not get high enough to kill some bacterias.
Other Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crock Pot baked beans recipe – perfect for pot lucks and picnics.
- This pulled pork in crock pot recipe is one of my favorite recipes for Sunday lunch.
- I love putting soup in the crock pot and this best white chicken chili recipe slow cooker recipe is one of our favorites.
And speaking of Hawaiian, you will LOVE these Hawaiian Roll Sliders!
Pin this to remember it later!
This recipe was inspired by this amazing Hawaiian Chicken Tacos recipe.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Join my list for more ideas for you and your home…
This sounds and looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it! I think I’d be the only one that would like it in my family- too many picky eaters. But I’ll make it for myself. 🙂
Thanks for the Hawaiian Crock Pot Shredded Chicken recipe, I used onion powder and ground mustard, it was delicious.
This Hawaiian Crock Pot Shredded Chicken is so easy to make, it just takes a little longer to cook.