Ridiculously Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
Enjoy a yummy pasta night dinner without hassle with this super easy crock pot chicken alfredo recipe.
Using just chicken breasts, heavy cream, and fresh garlic, this easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Why You’ll Like this Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
I’ve been on a mission to find some new recipes that are easy to prepare, full of flavor, and has the option for leftovers – or even another meal that I can tuck in the freezer for later.
This great recipe checks all those boxes. I love easy recipes that I can put in the crock pot with just a few minutes of prep time, and then have dinner all ready when it’s time! My husband and I enjoyed this slow cooker recipe as a great idea for dinner for two. But there are enough leftovers that I could also make it for the entire family.
Ingredients you’ll need for Easy Chicken Alfredo in the Crock Pot
(A printable recipe card is provided at the bottom of this post for your convenience.)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta (4 cups dried pasta)
Step by Step Instructions for Easy Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- In a heavy fry pan (I like my large cast iron skillet best), heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons butter over medium high heat. Place the chicken breasts in the hot pan – they should sizzle when they touch the pan. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Sear each side until golden brown- about 2-3 minutes. (They will not be cooked through – just seared on each side.)
- Place the seared chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add 4 cloves crushed garlic and pour the heavy cream on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for about 5 hours. Cooking times differ between crock pots, so keep an eye on yours for the exact cooking time. The alfredo sauce should be hot and bubby, and the chicken cooked through.
- When the sauce is hot and chicken is cooked, remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board. Slice them into bite sized chunks and add back into the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions right before serving and drain off the water.
- Ladle the chicken alfredo sauce over the penne, or stir the sauce and pasta together in the crock pot and then serve.
Sprinkle over fresh ground parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
Any side dishes you like with pasta will go amazing with this easy chicken alfredo recipe. Here are some options:
- Garlic toast
- Garlic breadsticks
- Ceasar Salad
- Green Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Searing the chicken breasts first helps get a nice golden crust on the chicken, adds flavor, and helps the chicken be nice and juicy.
- For extra flavor, pour the heavy cream into the pan that you seared the chicken in and use a spatula to scrape up the brown bits. Then pour that cream on top of the chicken in the crock pot. It will add even more flavor!
- If you would like a spicier dish, add some cajun seasoning to the chicken breasts before you sear them.
How to store leftover Chicken Alfredo
If you want to eat the leftovers of this easy recipe within 3 days, place the leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge. If you’d like to store it for longer than 3 days, place the leftovers in an airtight container or zip-top bag and place in the freezer for up to 3-6 months.
How to reheat leftover Chicken Alfredo & Pasta
- Place thawed chicken alfredo and pasta in an oven safe dish and add a few tablespoons water to the top of the dish. Cover with foil tightly and place in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes, then stir. Cover it again with the foil and cook for 10 more minutes – or until heated through.
- Or- if you’d like to reheat it quicker, place the leftovers in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and heat for a minute at a time, stirring after each minute until it is heated through.
Other Chicken Recipes that Make Great Dinner Ideas!
- One pan creamy chicken florentine takes dinner up a notch!
- Cue the Mexican music, put on your party hats, and enjoy the most amazing creamy chicken enchiladas recipe.
- This chicken and gnocchi soup recipe from olive garden is a perfectly comforting soup on chilly days.
- This turkey tetrazzini recipe is out of this world delicious, and can be used with cooked chicken as well.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Join my list for more ideas for you and your home…