This easy chocolate brownies recipe needs to be in every homemaker’s favorite recipes collection. You can whip them up and have them baking in the oven in about 5 minutes.
It’s my go to recipe when unexpected company calls and says that they will be arriving in about 15 minutes.
Before the doorbell rings, your house will smell like decadent chocolate and the coffee will be perking!;) (Ask me how I know…)
This well loved family recipe comes from my sister-in-law and it was the first brownie recipe I ever made.
Made in just one bowl with common ingredients you probably already have, they turn out chewy and fudgy – just the way we like them!
She must have gotten this recipe when she was participating in 4-H classes, because the title on her recipe card says “4-H Chocolate Brownies”.
4-H Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients you’ll need for these easy chocolate brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
Step by Step Instructions for these moist and fudgy brownies:
Step 1: Mix melted butter and cocoa together in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Step 2: Add in the rest of the chocolate brownies recipe ingredients.
I like to cream the butter in with the butter cocoa mixture well, then the eggs. Once those are mixed together well, I add in all the dry ingredients and mix until they are all incorporated well.
Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl a few times during the process.
Step 3: Pour the batter in a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
*Tip: I like to line my pan with parchment paper. It acts as a “handle” for easy removal of the brownies, and makes clean up a breeze!
(See this helpful article on how to safely use parchment paper in your kitchen.)
Step 4: Sprinkle immediately with nuts for and instant topping if you prefer.
We prefer these brownies without nuts, but feel free to add them if you like nutty chocolate brownies!
Ideas for serving these fudgy chocolate brownies
- Eat them hot and fresh out of the oven – oh, so yummy!
- Easy chocolate brownies with ice cream dessert: Place one brownie in the bottom of a bowl. Top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle on chocolate sauce. Adding a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a cherry makes a decadent dessert recipe!
- Cut and place in the freezer to have on hand when unexpected company comes over. To serve, warm them slightly in the microwave. They will seem like they’re fresh out of the oven!
For other Family Favorite Recipes, you might want to check out:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Bars Recipe
- Homemade Cookie Recipe | Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bake Starbucks at Home with this Classic Coffee Cake Recipe-also a great recipe for coffee time guests