Bursting with flavor, this easy dump cake recipe is made with the convenience of blueberry pie filling and lemon cake mix. Requiring only 3 ingredients, it is “dumped” into a pan and ready for the oven in minutes. Served with a scoop of ice cream, it’s always a crowd pleaser.
If you are needing an easy dessert recipe quick, this one is for you!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Dump cakes are hands down one of the quickest and easiest dessert recipes of all time. Requiring just a few pantry ingredients (I always try to keep them in my pantry!), you literally just dump it all in a pan and bake it. In just a few short minutes, it’s ready for the oven.
(For your convenience, a printable recipe card is provided at the bottom of this post.)
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter
Instructions for this 3 ingredient blueberry dump cake
- Pour the 2 cans of blueberry pie filling into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread to form and even layer.
- Sprinkle on the box of lemon cake mix powder. (Note – do not mix up the cake. Just pour the powder on!)
- 3. Melt the butter and drizzle over the top of the cake mix powder. Use a knife to spread it over the top and try to cover the powder completely. (It will be hard to get every bit covered, but just do the best that you can.)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until light golden brown and the center is set.
How to serve Blueberry Dump Cake
- Serve the dump cake slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream, cool whip topping, or whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and tiny pieces of lemon zest.
- If you don’t have lemon cake mix, yellow or white cake mix will do.
- Some dump cake recipes don’t call for melting the butter. Rather, they slice the butter in thin pats to cover the top of the powdered cake mix.
- Sprinkle up to 2 cups fresh (not frozen) blueberries on the top of the butter before baking for even more fresh blueberry flavor.
Dump cakes can be made with all kinds of different variations. Here are a few:
- Cherry dump cake can be made with cherry pie filling, white cake mix, and slivered almonds.
- Caramel apple dump cake is scrumptious with apple pie filling, caramel sauce, and white cake mix.
For this cake, I used my favorite 9 x 13 white baking dish. It looks pretty even to serve out of at the table.
And, after trying out a ton of can openers that were all duds, I finally landed on the Kitchen Aide manual can opener that has worked like a charm for a long time! (It’s linked below.)
(Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite kitchen tools!)
Once a dump cake has baked and cooled, it needs to be covered in plastic wrap and refrigerated. The fruit will spoil quickly if left out on the counter. It can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months when covered well and frozen.
More Lemon & Blueberry Recipes:
- Mom’s classic Lemon Meringue Pie
- My Grandma’s AMAZING lemon squares
- A roundup of incredible lemon recipes
- Blueberry & Banana Baked Oats
- BlueberryCream Cheese French Toast
PIN THIS RECIPE TO REMEMBER IT LATER:
Did you know you can save recipe ideas from Pinterest? You can. Check out my easy recipes board and follow my page for even more ideas for you and your home.