------------------------------------------------------------

Entryway Makeover: A Splash of Sunshine!

February 22, 2012

I don’t know what neck of the woods you live in, but at this address here on the West Coast, we’ve officially hit the “graydums” part of the year…  It’s the season where gray skies and rain are the most common weather forecast.  We start to  wonder if that yellow orb in the sky is ever going to peek out at us again…and our lack of energy tells us the importance of the proper dose of Vitamin D!!

Ever since I took down the Christmas arrangement in our entryway, it has looked quite pitiful.  I just didn’t get around to putting anything new up.  It was sad. Just sad.

entrance before

{The crooked number “3” helps add to the “pitiful” element…}

I got a little side-tracked on my basement project when I discovered these cute {now “vintage”, I’m sure!} egg candles of my Grandma’s.

vintage easter candles

It spurred me on to do a quick little entryway redo…with a splash of sunshine yellow!  I figured if we don’t experience the real thing for a while, this visual may somehow help…Smile  Here it is now:

spring entrance

yellow entryway after

I’ve seen those pennant banner/ bunting things popping up everywhere, so I thought I’d give one a whirl.  It ended up being easy peasy (I’ll show you how soon) and I love how it feels like there’s a party goin’ on…

pennant banner

I found a free Spring printable over here and “matted” it by taping it to  a piece of leftover shelving.  I’ve finally run out of extra frames lying around!Smile

entryway shelf

Those clear vases are all ready for the first tulips {that I just discovered popping out of the ground}… or for a few I might pick up from the grocery store tonight…

And, wouldn’t you know it~  before I finished typing this, the sun peeked out.  Hallelujah!Smile

yellow cup

I guess we don’t appreciate it until we don’t see it for a while…

Have a “sunshiny” day!

Linking To:  Thrifty Decorating, At The Picket Fence, Redoux, Serenity Now, Funky Junk, At Home with K

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Janet February 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Your display is so warm and cheerful! I’d say you accomplished your goal! I really love the colors that you used, what a pretty combination! Thanks for the link to my subway art and for your comment. Enjoy your sunshine. :)

Carol @cdm-arewethereyet February 22, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I understand your pain – twice we have lived in areas that didn’t have a lot of sunshine at certain times of the year – North Carolina in the winter (February was the worst -we were so tired of winter by the time February rolled around) and Juno, Alaska in the summer – it rained almost every day! Our job there was only for four months, but I don’t think I could live there full time – for many reasons ranging from the cold in the winter to the rainy weather! Florida is home where it’s 80 degrees today with the sun shining brightly! If you get too tired of the dreary skies – you can always come down for a visit!

ritajoy@harbour breeze home February 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Oh…Florida! That’s sounds like fun!:)

Heather B. February 23, 2012 at 7:31 am

Rita – My son and his wife live in BC and I know from visiting them what dreary grey days BC can have at this time of the year. Your splash of sunshine in your entry way is wonderful! I can’t wait to see your tuitorial on the banner.

Hugs,
Heather

Heather @ new house, new home, new life February 24, 2012 at 5:51 am

So nice to see the spring freshness in your entryway. We are still hunkered down with winter here in the East, so I’m waiting a few more weeks before switching things up. But a pot of daffodils on my kitchen table will make me feel like spring is on it’s way.

TheBargainBabe February 26, 2012 at 4:08 pm

So pretty, I LOVE the bits of yellow! I need to find a way to get more yellow into my house.

(Saw you FEATURED at SerenityNow!)

Hannah February 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hello! Visiting from the Serenity Now linky party. I am in love with your entryway. I am still trying to figure out a way to make mine more functional in a apartment where space is limited. I will try out these tips! Thanks!

Btw newest follower : )

chris craft memorabilia September 6, 2013 at 5:12 am

Most also have parquet teak floors, which looks nice with a nice oriental rug.
So getting in touch with the best experts can help you get the ultimate one for you.
Even yacht charters offer extravagant wedding cakes in relation to impressing your family members, pals and site visitors.

ebookstore.sony.com June 20, 2014 at 10:13 pm

What’ѕ up, yes thiѕ paragrraph is really nice
and I have learned lot off things from it concerning blogging.
thanks.